Crepe pancakes are just yummy – specially when you can make eggless crepe pancakes but yet your super picky husband hasn’t even realised. 🙂
Traditionally eaten with sugar and lemon or orange juice, however I tend to mix it up with fruit and fresh cream too, and maybe even a quick spread of nutella.
So what is the difference between a Crepe and Pancake? Well traditionally the difference is that a pancake has leavening ingredient in it to help it rise and fluffy, whereas a Crepe is made with milk, eggs and flour and very thin and paper like.
I don’t think crepes are a breakfast thing, as you can have them anytime. Well we went skiing for Easter and in France they tended to have happy hour crepe time in the late afternoon around 3-6pm!
You can totally make these vegan as I’ve done in the past by using non diary milk and a few spoons of non diary yogurt although you can make them without too.
Crepes aren’t just for pancake day, they are times a much needed mid week dinner alternative to keep the kids happy and super quick to make!
Eggless Crepe Pancakes
- 150 g Plain Flour
- 100 ml Yogurt ( Vegan - use non-dairy yogurt)
- 250 ml Milk (Vegan - use non-dairy milk)
- 50 ml Oil
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz at high speed for 30 seconds or so.
- Just allow the batter to sit for a minute.
- Heat up a crepe or fry pan on medium heat, use a little non stick spray if needed. I tend to spray the pan the first time, then use the natural oils within the batter. Using a 1/4 cup of batter and swirl around the pan, allow to cook until bubbles stop coming to the surface.
- Then flip the pancake to cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with fruit, cream, lemon or orange juice and sugar, or anything that will tingle your taste buds.
Leave a Reply