Vegan Chocolate Coconut Burfi or fudge is very much like a Bounty Chocolate Bar – well this is a homemade with a little cardamom spiced vegan friendly bite of deliciousness!
These are so easy to make, literally a 20 mins and they are done from start to finish! Specially when you have little helpers sprinkling coconut over the balls and of course licking the spoon and bowl after covering the chocolate.
Yummy coconut balls are uber indulgent and perfect for gifts when bagged up in a clear cellophane wrap, they keep for a good while so no hurry to gobble them all up.
There are actually a good energy bite too, with the health benefits of coconut and antioxidants of dark chocolate, they are almost good for you! How many sweet treats could you say that about?!
Not sure why but has taken me ages to get around to writing this post, sometimes life just takes over specially since I made this back in October last year.
I find that having small snacks like these around the house are perfect for those mad dashing moments when you just don’t have time for dinner but need something just to tie you over for a couple hours before you can get dinner…life of working mums!
Vegan Chocolate Coconut Burfi
- 120 ml Water
- 100 g Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 100 g Desiccated Coconut
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
- 150 g Dark Chocolate
- Add water and sugar to a shallow fry pan over medium heat.
- Allow the mixture to come to a soft boil.
- Add coconut and cardamom to the sugar syrup mixture.
- Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes stirring every minute or so.
- Add the coconut oil to the mixture and stir well.
- As the mixture thickens remove from the heat.
- Once the mixture has cooled enough to handle in your hands, roll a small amount into tight balls.
- Lay the balls on grease proof paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and dip the coconut ball in the dark chocolate and place on the grease proof paper.
- Sprinkle on a little desiccated coconut while the chocolate has not set, then place in the fridge for about 30 minutes or in a cool place for about an hour until fully set.
- Once full set, enjoy
Do these have to e stored in the fridge even after they have set? I’m trying to find sone vegan treats to make for Xmas presents, but I’m thinking when I go home to the family there won’t be alotof fridge space! They look fab x
Hi – For long term storage i would say yes, but however they don’t need to be stored in the fridge.