Low Calorie fruity filo baskets are perfect when you are trying to be good and eating healthy. These baskets are low in fat, healthy and if you are following slimming world then only 3 syns for 3 baskets.
Filo pastry is a greek style very thin dough used for pasties in middle eastern and Balkan style cuisines, these are usually layered with butter or oil to help give the thin flakey effect.
Filo pastry dough is made using flour, water, and oil or vinegar. Making this dough is not easy to make from scratch so unless your in the Great British Bake Off, I would just buy this one.
Filo is pretty versatile as can be used in savoury and sweet dishes. Filo is a pretty easy samosa pastry and works very well as gives it that perfect crisp texture when baked in the oven without the fried fat.
I’ve made these in the past filled with no so healthy treats like Nutella and whipped cream and even creamy peanut butter and jam.
Low Calorie Fruity Filo Baskets
- 4 Filo sheets
- 1/2 Mango
- 1/2 Pineapple
- 2 Kiwi
- 250 ml Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp Sweetener
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Oil Spray
- Cut up each filo sheets into 9 pieces.
- In a lightly oiled sprayed muffin pan layer 3 sheets add a little oil spray in between each layer.
- Bake the filo pasty in the oven at 180c for about 8-10 minutes until crisp and lightly brown.
- Meanwhile stir together vanilla, sweetener and yogurt.
- Chop up the mango, kiwi and pineapple into small pieces.
- Once the filo baskets have cooled, add a spoon full of sweetened yogurt topped with a fruit and enjoy!
Leave a Reply