Vegan Cranberry Chocolate Mini Muffins are perfect bitesize snack or treat. You honestly wouldn’t even know they are vegan and have the light airy feel of a diet muffin.
I do enjoy playing with combinations of dried fruit and chocolate in my baking, so today it’s Cranberry Chocolate Muffins, or should I say mini muffins, which means they are perfect 2 bite size. Now as you know I’ve adopted the vegan diet currently, so I thought I would make these vegan, and to be honest no one can tell, not even the really picky hubster!
Making mini muffins is perfect specially for kids and the waist line! As they tick the box for a sweet treat without being overly indulgent. As they are nut free they do make great school lunch box treats.
Now as you can see, they are still airy and fluffy inside like normal muffins and have the cranberry punch with the chocolatey sweetness. These muffins are amazing just the way they are, and actually my kids and the hubster also agreed! Its only when I took a bite after they had tried it, did they realise that these little gems are vegan too.
Now I’m saying these mini muffins are healthy, but since they are mini size, they are so much better for you as you will have less! So in a way I guess they are healthier as you will eat fewer calories! So when you want the bit of naughtiness just reach for one of these little guys.
No eggs, no dairy for those of you who prefer it that way! So go ahead and make a batch. They are perfect for weekday rush or with a relaxing cuppa! If you do eat dairy then just use the dairy versions of the butter and milk and they will taste just as good.
Vegan Cranberry Chocolate Mini Muffins
- 100 g Melted Vegan butter or Vegan Ghee
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 50 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 100 ml Non Dairy Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 125 g Self Raising Flour
- 50 g Dark Chocolate Chips (Vegan)
- 50 g Dried Cranberries
- Add melted vegan ghee or butter to a bowl with the sugars and whisk together.
- Add non dairy milk and vinegar then whisk the ingredients well.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and self-raising flour and whisk the ingredients well.
- Add in the dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips, fold in the cranberries and chocolate into the batter until distributed evenly.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non stick spray and add a spoonful of batter to the tray.
- Bake in the oven at 170c for about 15 minutes until baked and golden on top, remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 2 minutes, then gently pull out each muffin and allow to fully cool.