Vegan protein pancakes are a delicious soft made to perfection pancakes packed with vitamins and nutrients. They are the usual cardboard tasting pancakes, instead these are super tasty and soft and yummy.
These vegan protein pancakes are the perfect lazy weekend breakfast ! You could cook them in advance and then put in the fridge/freezer, ready to heat up, stack up and enjoy any day of the week.
I absolutely love have pancakes with fresh berries or banana drizzled with an excessive amount of syrup, but you could actually have them with anything from Nutella or peanut butter. If you really wanted, you could have them as savoury pancakes with potatoes and mushrooms!
As they serve 1, there is no need to share or feel guilty as they are packed with healthy carbohydrates, protein rich and vitamins and nutrients. Perfect for training days or post recovery breakfast, and so much more tastier than the protein pancakes packs you can buy which you usually mix with milk/water.
The little protein punch for these pancakes comes from some vegan protein powder. Depending on what brand of protein powder you use you may get slightly more or less protein – the one I used added 20g of protein to the recipe – but either way it’s going to be close!
Vegan Protein Pancakes
- 25 g Vegan Protein Powder
- 25 g Oats
- 100 ml Cashew Milk ( or non dairy milk)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Peanut Butter
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Spray oil
- 1 Fresh berries (optional)
- 1 Syrups of your choice
- Add the protein powder, milk, oats, chia seeds, peanut butter, baking powder and baking soda into a blender and whiz at high speed for about 1 minute until completely blended.
- Might be easier to pour into a smaller jug. Heat a fry pan over medium heat, and spray the pan with some spray oil
- Pour some batter into the fry pan, all to cook until you see bubbles at the surface
- Flip the pancake gently, as the top may have not fully cooked and cook the other side
- Once both sides are cooked and lightly brown, set aside and cook the remaining pancakes
- Serve the pancakes with fresh fruit and syrup and enjoy