Quick easy gluten-free pancakes, this recipe came from when I was back on weight watchers, however its still a great recipe that doesn’t taste like a cardboard pancake.
These are a great healthy slimming world / Weight watchers friendly version of pancakes. When you want something a little more special on the weekends without feeling guilty.
As they are have all healthy natural ingredients, these pancakes are low GI and great for a busy morning.
Using the addition of freshly squeezed orange juice instead of heavily laden sugar filled syrups.
Using oats instead plain flour is a great way to reduce the elements of ‘bad carbs’ as oats are so much healthier filled with fibre and low GI goodness plus they are gluten free.
Adding your favourites fruits is a perfect way to make these pancakes extra special.
- 100 g Oats
- 50 g Fat Free Yogurt
- 50 g Fat Free cottage cheese
- 100 ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- Various Fresh Fruit
- Add the oats, yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs and milk to a blender.
- Blitz at high speed for about 1 minute until the oats have fully liquidised.
- Heat up a crepe/fry pan over medium heat. Add a small paddle full of batter and cook until small bubbles stop going to the surface.
- Flip over the pancake and cook the other side until fully cooked.
- Slice up fresh fruit and squeeze some fresh orange juice.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit and a drizzle of freshly squeezed orange juice.