Pavlova berry sundae is a yummy with cream, compote and crushed meringues all in a wine glass. I have a fab vegan meringue recipe which works wonders with this easy peasy dessert (Click here)
When you fancy a creamy, textured, sweet and tart berry compote with crisp meringue pieces is like heaven in glass! When it’s this simple to make, you gotta make them more often.
We had been out to a local pub, where the kids and hubster shared an Eton mess sundae, and since then I thought to myself, this can’t be that difficult, and viola here is the ‘what I made earlier’!
We ended up having these for dessert for about 3 nights in a row, as it made enough for 12 large wine glasses, which is always good. Kids were loving the homemade version,they actually preferred them to the one at the pub.
Pavlova Berry Sundae
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 200 g Frozen berries
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar
- Meringues/Vegan Meringues
- Add frozen berries to a pan over medium heat
- Add caster sugar and 50ml of water to a sauce pan, then heat to a slow simmer. Cook the mixture for about 20 minutes.
- Once the compote is cook, set aside to cool.
- Whip up the double cream with the icing sugar, to soft peaks
- In a glass or bowl spoon a little of the berry compote around the sides.
- Add in spoon of whipped cream, layer with a little crushed meringue and drizzle on some berry compote.
- Then again repeat a layer of whipped cream, meringue pieces and berry compote. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Leave a Reply