Vegan Sticky Toffee pudding is probably the best vegan dessert I’ve made yet! Taste even better than anything Ive made before, or maybe I’m just a sticky toffee pudding lover. This is one dessert that makes me drawl! Sticky, sweet and served warm is what I would call heaven on a plate!
This recipe is a spin off a Nigella recipe I found but totally adapted for anyone following vegan diet. I wish I could say I tried the original Nigella recipe first to make sure this was similar, however in my usual style I just changed ingredients and amounts and created this! The only revision I made was to the sauce, as Nigella’s sauce just didn’t taste or thicken up as I would have liked, and again off the cuff I started to add things to sauce and did a whole trial and error type thing.
This is one super delicious plate of indulgence! First time I made it was over Christmas and since then I must have made it at least another 3 times and even then I’ve had stop myself making it more…as all this goodness is not good for my waistline!
Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 100 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 50 g Dairy free butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 175 ml Dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar
- 175 g Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 200 g Chopped dates
- 200 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 25 g Dairy free butter
- 50 ml Dairy free cream
- Add the vegan butter and dark brown sugar into a large bowl.
- Beat together until the mixture becomes soft and light with a wooden spoon.
- Add the vanilla, milk, vinegar, flour, baking soda and baking powder to the butter mixture and slowly mix together until combined.
- Chop the dates into smaller pieces, add to the batter and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased baking tin.
- Bake at 180c for about 25-30 minutes until baked, check using a cake tester in the middle, poke the cake and see if the testers comes out clean. If the tester still has cake batter on it, place back in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce add the sugar, butter and cream into a sauce pan, heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve in a piece of the pudding and pour over the sauce. Enjoy