There is definitely something said about a healthy Indian sweet – I think this one may be one of the only few! As Indian sweets are usually laden with sugar and ghee ( purified butter). These little gems are also vegan friendly!
These are indeed very similar to the ‘Energy balls’ or ‘Healthy balls’ you see around. I think I even have a few recipes! LOL.
Dates are briiliant for adding to ladoo, as no additional sugar is needed due to the natural sweetness of data and the stickiness helps hold the structure of the ladoo.
250g Raw Mixed Nuts
200g Dried Dates (De-stoned)
1 Tsp Vegan Ghee (or normal Ghee)
20g Desiccated Coconut
Add all the ingredients to a food processor
Blitz at high speed until all the nuts are chopped finely
Spoon a spoonful of mixture into your hand and press into a ball.
- 250g Raw Mixed Nuts
- 200g Dried Dates (De-stoned)
- 1 Tsp Vegan Ghee (or normal Ghee)
- 20g Desiccated Coconut
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor
- Blitz at high speed until all the nuts are chopped finely
- Spoon a spoonful of mixture into your hand and press into a ball.