Pomegranates are probably my favourite fruit- however probably the most effort too!!
Some interesting information on pomegranates:
• originated in Iran and cultivated since ancient times
• Northern hemisphere fruit season is September thru February
• Southern Hemisphere fruit season is March thru to May
• Pomegranate is derived from pomum “apple” and granatum “seeded” in Medieval Latin.
• Pomegranates have researched to reduce heart disease risk factors
• Pomegranates have also been known to reduce systolic blood pressure
So all in all- they not only delicious but have some great health benefits.